Write like there’s no December!
Steps for AcWriMo
- Decide on a writing goal. An example of a goal could be an hour a day of writing or maybe 1000 words a week, it could be to finish a chapter by the 15th of November or a paper by the 30th.
- To pledge your goal, post it on the “submit your targets here” page telling us your name, department and what you plan to do. Do this before the 1st of November to be included in AcWriMo.
- Plan out your month. Do a bit of work beforehand to make sure you are ready to go on the 1st of November. Take a look at our planning tools .
- Take a look at the schedule pages and sign up for any events.
- Follow our blog by entering your email address in the “follow blog via email” on the right hand side of this page. There will be a new blog post every day throughout November.
- Come to our writing cafe and mini writing retreat sessions. To make the most of the time, come prepared with some writing to do.
- Keep us updated with your progress using the #surreyacwrimo and the “leave a reply” section below.
- Book time in your diary to write and use our email out of office reply to let everyone know you are writing.
Give it a try for 30 days, who knows where it will take you (2,667 words per day = an 80,000 word thesis in a month)!
If you have any questions or suggestions email firstname.lastname@example.org